Re: [css-grid] auto-placement algorithm step 2 doesnt' respect sparse/dense/stack choice

On 22/01/15 20:15, fantasai wrote:
> I'm sorry, we forgot to respond on the list. It seemed like an oversight,
> that the 'sparse' keyword packed things densely if they happened to be
> track-restricted, so we just fixed it.

Thanks for the information.

So, let me use an example to check if I'm getting the new wording right:

The items will be placed at:
* item 1: 1st row, 2nd column.
* item 2: 1st row, 3rd and 4th columns.
* item 3: 1st row, 5th column.
* item 4: 1st row, 1st column.

So, even if we're in sparse mode, "item 4" is inserted in the hole of
the first cell. Because of the auto-placement cursor starts in 1,1 in
step "3. Position the remaining grid items".

Just wanted to confirm that this is the expected behavior.

Thanks,
  Rego