Re: [css-flexbox] Allow specifying when wrapping should happen

On 01/19/2015 02:10 AM, Glen Huang wrote:
> Thank you. Didn’t notice the `page-break-before` property.
>
> However, this doesn’t seem like a perfect solution, because it also
> introduces a page break, which means whenever I’d like to use this
> layout for definition lists, printing the web page will result in
> each page containing only one term and one description (or just one
> description, for multiple descriptions).
>
> I see the fragmentation module introduces breaks for region and
> multi-column layouts, I wonder if it makes sense to add flex layout
> to that list? Maybe something like `break-after: flex;`?

I agree with your reasoning, and I think it would make sense for
flex layout to trap the 'always' and 'any' values of 'break-before'
and 'break-after'.

I'll ask about bringing this up on the call this week. :)

dholbert, any comments on that?

~fantasai

p.s. I vaguely recall wanting to do something like this, actually,
but the fragmentation module wasn't ready enough at the time we were
drafting the Flexbox pagination section.