Re: [css-ruby] Default font-size of ruby annotation with ruby-position: inter-character

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 6:56 AM, Xidorn Quan <quanxunzhen@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 6:10 PM, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Clarified that it's UA dependent in Level 1[1]. How UAs render
>> Bopomofo and how much UAs do so interoperably is very unclear to me,
>> so I think this is the best for me as of this point. Please let me
>> know if any.
>>
>> [1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-ruby/#ruby-size
>

> I guess you probably should use "font size" instead of simply "size" here,
> because size may refer to the box size.

Done, can you review again?

> In addition, the spec says:
>
> > This level of the specification does not provide a mechanism to control
> the size of ruby annotations.
>
> I think we do have mechanism for authors to control the font size of ruby
> annotations, which is the font-size property.

Right, added "relative to ruby base." Does this resolve the concern?

It might probably be better to mention that the default style sheet is not
> normative, and say that UAs are free to behave a different way for some of
> the styles.

 It's already there; Appendix A says it's informative.

/koji