Re: [css-ruby] Default font-size of ruby annotation with ruby-position: inter-character

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 6:10 PM, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Clarified that it's UA dependent in Level 1[1]. How UAs render
> Bopomofo and how much UAs do so interoperably is very unclear to me,
> so I think this is the best for me as of this point. Please let me
> know if any.
>
> [1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-ruby/#ruby-size

I guess you probably should use "font size" instead of simply "size" here,
because size may refer to the box size.

In addition, the spec says:

> This level of the specification does not provide a mechanism to control
the size of ruby annotations.

I think we do have mechanism for authors to control the font size of ruby
annotations, which is the font-size property.

It might probably be better to mention that the default style sheet is not
normative, and say that UAs are free to behave a different way for some of
the styles.

- Xidorn