Re: [css-flexbox] Accessibility of Order

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Bo J Campbell <bcampbell@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> I have added a general example of the reason why the tab order needs to be
> updated to match the visual order when it is changed via Flexbox Order. In
> turn, the accessibility API should also get the same visual flow.
>
> https://wiki.csswg.org/spec/css3-flexbox/accessibility
>
> I would like to continue understanding any further arguments stopping this
> proposal since PF is asking for this, IBM and Freedom Scientific agree this
> is what needs to happen, and I believe I have addressed the arguments made
> so far in the wiki document.

Your examples are all trivial, and don't illustrate one of the primary
use-cases for 'order', such as Example 7 in the spec, where the
*intended behavior* is to put the main content first in the markup
*precisely so that* it will show up first in tabbing order, and then
visually arrange the sidebars relative to the main content in some
arbitrary style-dependent way.

We continue to bring this up as a counter-example every time, and it's
somewhat frustrating to see it continually brushed aside in favor of
trivial examples that don't provide compelling reasons to preserve
source order.