Re: [css-grid] Capping the size of grids?

fantasai skrev:
> The latest text reads:
>
>   # Since memory is not infinite, UAs may clamp the the possible size
>   # of the grid to within a UA-defined limit, dropping all lines
>   # outside that limit. If a grid item spans outside this limit, its
>   # span must be clamped to the last line of the limited grid. If a
>   # grid item is placed outside this limit, its span must be truncated
>   # to 1 and the item repositioned into the last grid track on that
>   # side of the grid.
>
> Another option would be, if a repeat() function were involved, to clamp
> the number of repetitions rather than clamping the resulting explicit
> grid. Imho this isn't worth the additional complexity, but I'm open to
> other opinions.
>
> Let us know what you think!
>
> ~fantasai

My reading of the text is that it is allowed for the limit to be
flexible. That is, it is allowed for a browser to do as you propose.

But this is really an extreme situation where things are starting to
fall apart, niceties are probably not worth it. It's not really going to
matter if there are 5647786 or 5647780 lines.