Re: [css-overflow]: Suggestion - add property value to allow scrolling without scrollbar

"Florian Rivoal"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Also, while this should be fairly easy to spec and to implement, I am not
> fully convinced this is actually a good idea to give this control to
> authors. As a platform wide setting, or a user controlled preference,
> sure, but I worry that having many sites being inconsistent with
> each-other about the look and feel of scrolling would be detrimental to
> users ability to recognise scrollable things.

Certainly, hiding the system scrollbar wouldn't be the end of the story for
the author, of course. It's just a necessary prerequisite.

After having hidden the system scrollbar, authors would be able to add/apply
their own, custom, visual cues for scrolling. Imagine a scrolling jog wheel.
Or a paging scroll header ("page 1 of 10"). Or something similar to a
progress bar. Anything but the system provided scroll bars. Even nothing, if
that's the intention of the author. We should leave the decision of which or
whether a visual cue is to be provided to the author.

~Axel