Re: [css-ruby] Auto value of ruby-position

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 8:21 AM, Xidorn Quan <quanxunzhen@gmail.com> wrote:

> In addition, I don't want to see that the syntax of ruby-position becomes
> more complicated only for some rarely used or even imaginary use cases. I
> think adding a single keyword value, whatever it is 'auto' or 'alternate',
> to the list is enough to address the existing use cases.

I agree, I like the simplest solution that works for the foreseeable
needs. Fixing and extending shouldn't be too hard if new needs appear.

> I have an idea which wouldn't complicate the existing syntax, but may covers
> a bit more use cases is that, we use keyword like 'opposite' instead, which
> means the position is opposite to the position before. If it is the first
> level, or the position of the previous level is 'inter-character', it is
> equal to 'over'.

Sounds good if "first under" is something we'd like to take care of in
level 1, but I think it's beyond the basic ruby. Isn't index-based
(slightly) easier to implement?

/koji