Re: [css-cascade] unwinding all: property

I wholeheartedly agree and that goes in the direction of the thread I
started on February, 5th: "[css-document-class] defining basic style".
As I feel I didn't articulate myself well enough, maybe we can talk
about this issue during the next call.

Certain tags should have an inherent styling, ideally defined by us, so
they're largely consistent on all UAs. That styling should be more
indicative of the actual semantics than it is now (for some of the tags).

As Brian said, if someone uses a blockquote, it shouldn't look like
regular inline text. There should be no obligation for the user to have
to style certain tags because then the incentive for using semantically
correct markup isn't there (and that's only one good reason to have a
basic - or more elaborate - style applied per default by the UA).

Best,
Sanja