Re: [cssom] Serializing the ">>" combinator

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 09:14:26 +0400, Benjamin Poulain <benjamin@webkit.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The serialization specification does not mention ">>" from CSS Selectors
> level 4: http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom/#serializing-selectors &&
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/selectors-4/#descendant-combinators
>
> What we have done in WebKit is serialize ">>" like the other non-space
> combinators (e.g. "foo>>bar" serialize to "foo >> bar").
>
> An other option is to canonicalize every descendant combinator to the
> space character.

I've specified it to serialize as a space, for two reasons:

* It is compatible with legacy UAs that support space but not >>
* It avoids having to remember which one was used when parsing

(I also specified serialization of the || combinator.)

https://hg.csswg.org/drafts/rev/7fbd0b3eba90

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software