Re: [css3-transitions] display properties missing; delay property unclear

On Thursday 2011-01-20 14:41 -0800, Belov, Charles wrote:
> I'm also concerned with some wording under http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-transitions/#starting:
>
> Once the transition of a property has started, it must continue running based on the original timing function, duration, and delay, even if the ‘transition-timing-function’, ‘transition-duration’, or ‘transition-delay’ property changes before the transition is complete. However, if the ‘transition-property’ property changes such that the transition would not have started, the transition must stop (and the property must immediately change to its final value).
>
> versus http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-transitions/#the-transition-delay-property-
>
> Otherwise, the value specifies an offset from the moment the property is changed, and the transition will delay execution by that offset.
>
> That is, are "execution" and "running" synonymous?  The question is whether, if the end-user's cursor passes over an element, activating "hover" (setting display to "block") and then exits (because there was not intent to interact) within the 500ms before the transition begins, setting display back to "none", would cause the end value of display to be "none" or "block".

In https://hg.csswg.org/drafts/rev/b6e5bb6bf803 I've clarified that
this includes the delay phase.  (The prose in question has also
since become non-normative, with more formal wording defining the
behavior.)

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,