Re: [css-ruby] Autohiding and out-of-flow elements

On 12/04/2014 02:02 PM, Xidorn Quan wrote:
> The current spec says:
>
> The content comparison for this auto-hiding behavior ... ignores elements (considers only the textContent of the boxes).
>
> Does that mean, out-of-flow elements inside the annotation should also be hidden, and any impact of them should be removed as
> well?

Yes, I believe so. The comparison would of course include the out-of-flow content.

However, as Koji says, it doesn't really matter in real use cases,
so if it's easier to implement some other behavior, we can change
the spec to match.

Another consideration is 'display: none' content. I'm assuming it
will also be matched, since we're doing a content comparison. But
again, we will follow implementations on this.

~fantasai