Re: Can't scroll https://drafts.csswg.org/ from the keyboard

> On Dec 23, 2015, at 19:02, Liam R. E. Quin <liam@w3.org> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 2015-12-23 at 17:40 +0900, Philippe Wittenbergh wrote:
>> Load https://drafts.csswg.org/
>> Press the spacebar, or the ‘page down’ or ‘end’ key.
>> Expected result: page scrolls down
>> Actual result: nothing happens :-(
>

> You might need to click, e.g. on some of the black (not-lionked) text
> to give the document window focus before the arrow keys will work.

OK, That is exactly my point. I first either need to click somewhere in the body (as I have already grabbed the rodent, I can as well use it to scroll the page), or I can press the “tab” key a few times (3 times !) to set the focus on the first link in the body. That is not exactly user friendly, as Gerard notes.

My normal ‘workflow’ with that sort of pages is: load the page, press spacebar to find what I want (my left thumb usually rest close to the spacebar), then grab the rodent to click the link — unless the link is really near the top, I might use the tab key then.

It is not particularly difficult to build that page that allows for that.

Philippe
--
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com/