Re: [css21][css-sizing][web compat] max-width and intrinsic sizes in a table scenario

On Tuesday 2015-12-08 21:00 -0800, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
> So would be the width of outer div here:
>
> <container of width 100px>

> </container>
>
> ?
>
> As for me it should be 50px. But it appears as you are saying it should be zero?

Not in that exact case, since this rule applies only to replaced
elements.

However, if the inner div were instead an img, yes.  And this
behavior appears to be required for Web-compatibility (although I
haven't searched the testcases for how many actually specify width,
so I'm not sure that the aspect of max-width:% overriding width:px
for this case is required).

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,