Re: [mediaqueries] … 9.1 Scripting …

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 6:00 AM, Connor H. <ckh4.ti@gmail.com> wrote:
> In section 9.1 scripting Issue 8 asks:
>
>> Is there a use-case for distinguishing between "UA doesn’t support
>> scripting" and "scripting is supported, but turned off"?
>

> My thought is that a customised message if a website requires javascript
> based on whether their browser is too old to support scripts so that it can
> link to a page with browser downloads or it can link to a page showing the
> user how to enable scripts.
>
> Here is the example that I would think of:
> http://codepen.io/CKH4/full/mVdVGV/
>
> Would this be a good enough cause for adding the separate value?

You're talking about browsers that are, like, 20 years old or more.
To a good approximation, those browsers no longer exist, and if they
did, they wouldn't support these media queries. ^_^  (Or MQs in
general - I don't know browser history well enough to know if they
support media types and such.)

This is also generally what <noscript> is for, no need to invoke CSS.