Re: [css-grid] nits on 5.1.2. Repeating Rows and Columns: the repeat() notation

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 11:11 AM, Mats Palmgren <mats@mozilla.com> wrote:
> https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/#repeat-notation
>
> Typo (under the first bullet): "repeatition"

Fixed.

> Also, the "fixed" at the end of the sentence is a bit confusing:
> "..., but is limited to fixed repetitions."
> I think you mean "but is limited to a fixed number of repetitions".
> That is, "fixed" is meant to explain that the first argument to
> repeat() is a fixed <positive-integer>, right?
> But in this section there is also a <fixed-repeat> and
> <fixed-size> so I think it would be good to spell it out,
> or rephrase it, to avoid any confusion.

I just clarified as in your first sentence. I think it's sufficiently
clear that I don't want to rewrite it. ^_^

> Under the second bullet, describing "<auto-repeat>", it says:
> "... but requires definite minimum track sizes ..."
> This seems to contradict what is later said for "auto-fill":
> https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/#valdef-repeat-auto-fill
> "treating each track as its max track sizing function if that
> is definite or as its minimum track sizing function otherwise"

Those don't contradict, they agree.  The first says you need definite
minimum sizing functions.  The second says that you calculate using
the max sizing function if it's definite, otherwise you use the min
sizing function (which is definite by definition).

> Under the third bullet, describing "<name-repeat>", it says:
> "The <name-repeat> variant can be used with the 'subgrid' keyword"
> I think with the word "only", like so:
> "The <name-repeat> variant can only be used with the 'subgrid' keyword"
> it would be clearer where it can, and where it cannot, be used.

Fixed.