Re: [css-sizing][css-flexbox] intrinsic min/max-width/height values and percentage children

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 1:35 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> Wrt optimization, I think you can optimistically assume that most
> cases won't be controlled by the min-size, and only do extra work
> if that isn't so.

In particular, the *normal* path for work here is (1) lay out
according to width/height, (2) calculate the min-content width/height
and check whether or not you need to make a width/height adjustment to
bring it into conformance.

Assuming you either (a) don't use percentages in the children, or (b)
don't violate the min-width/height constraint, no additional work is
done.  It's only when you have a % child *and* violate
min-width/height that you have do to a second layout pass, because the
% children will change size.