Re: [css-writing-modes] sideways-left with other text-orientation descendant

On 05/12/2014 08:53 PM, Simon Sapin wrote:
> In §5.1 Orienting Text: the text-orientation property:
>
>> sideways-left
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Similarly, if an inline child of the box has a text-orientation value
>> other than sideways-left, an analogous transformation (and bidi
>> isolation) is applied.
>
> Rather than "inline child", shouldn’t this be something like
> "inline descendant in the same inline formatting context" ?
> Example where this is relevant:

No, because
   a) It isn't necessary because em also has text-orientation: sideways
   b) It's harmful because if <a> has a child also, then we have a problem
      since it is also considered a descendant of <em> and <p>.
The current wording is therefore correct.

~fantasai