Re: [selectors4] :blank, ::first-letter, and what a whitespace character is

> On Aug 25, 2015, at 7:53 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We're not trying to be fancy here, just sync up our definitions of
> "basic whitespace".  This isn't about all the various typographic
> types of whitespace used in text, just the types of whitespace that
> show up in documents to separate elements and such.  That's just the
> ascii space (U+0020), ascii tab (U+0009), and the three ascii line
> feeds (U+000A, U+000C, and U+000D).

NBSP is extremely common for showing up in documents to separate elements and such. Mostly where it's not desired, often because of the way it got typed into some editor. I think it should be included. It's not a request to be fancy. It's really very basic and common.