Fwd: Difference between background-position and background-origin.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Arup Rakshit <arup.rakshit@cognitiveclouds.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 9:39 PM
Subject: Re: Difference between background-position and background-origin.
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 10:03 PM, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> On 08/14/2015 07:01 PM, Simon Fraser wrote:
>>

>> It’s a shame that background-origin was so-named. An origin is a point,
>> but background-origin is about which area to use. Perhaps background-area
>> or background-box would have been better names.
>

> We asked for better names multiple times, and nobody suggested any. :(
>
> One problem with background-area and background-box, btw, is that we also
> have the background-clip property which is also a kind of background
> area/box.
>
>> Perhaps we could alias this property to a new one with a less confusing
>> name?
>

> I think at this point it's too late to be worth bothering with. If it was
> really super messed up and we had a much better alternative (like word-wrap,
> which we renamed to overflow-wrap), it might be worth it. But I think it's
> not too terrible.
>
> ~fantasai

Hi,

I am very new, I don't able to understand how to follow and read the
specs correctly. I am currently reading from
http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/REC-CSS2-20110607/#minitoc . But I don't see
the links you have given are part of the specs I am reading. What is
the standard documentation which I should follow ?

Arup