Re: [css3-transitions] Transitions and multiple backgrounds

On Monday 2013-02-04 15:19 -0800, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Note that, while this *is* specified in Transitions, it's missing the
> "inset" clause.  As written, transitions will fail when going from an
> inset shadow to "none".

I've fixed this by specifying that "none" is treated as a
zero-length list, which means it then falls back to correctly
handling inset.

https://hg.csswg.org/drafts/rev/bec42e8ed638

> I think, as a general rule, that if we can define a reasonable "null"
> value for an entry in the list, we should allow animation between
> lists of differing lengths.  We can do so for shadows and anything
> with images.

I agree with the general rule.  In the case of images, I think this
is better dealt with in images 4 than in transitions, though, since
the long term plan is to migrate interpolation rules to the places
where the value types are defined.

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,