Re: [css-writing-modes] new sideways-* values for writing-mode

On 08/11/2015 03:36 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> Regarding the 'sideways' value of text-orientation, this (AIUI) is the same as the current draft's 'sideways-right', which is
> already implemented in several browsers (with or without prefixes). As such, would it be better to retain the 'sideways-right'
> name, or perhaps to accept it as an alias of 'sideways', so as to avoid breaking content that is already using that name?

Yes, if we go that route and there's existing content with it,
we should certainly require an alias here. (It can compute to
the new value name.)

> A firm decision on the new design, as well as any guidance
> on what to do with 'text-orientation: sideways-right', would be
> very welcome. Thanks!

If you can wait until the F2F, I think we'll have better ability
to include people there--we'll have whiteboards and such, and
jdaggett can call in when it's not 2am his time. :)

In the meantime, your opinion on this matter would be appreciated.
I think saying "everyone on the call was in agreement" is a bit
optimistic: several people who spoke up were in agreement, but
it's hard to tell what all the silent people thought.

(We should also loop in the i18n folks.)

~fantasai