Re: [css3-ui] caret-color

> On 22 Apr 2015, at 05:33, Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
>
>> I believe we should follow the example of auto in outline-style, and to leave UAs
>> free to be innovative about what what it does, and offering a suggestion of a basic
>> behavior (same as currentColor being reasonable here) if they have no particularly
>> useful idea.
>>
>> Proposed phrasing:
>>
>>  The computed value for auto is auto.
>>
>>  The auto value permits the user agent to automatically adjust the color of caret
>>  to ensure good visibility and contrast with the surrounding content, possibly
>>  based on the text color, background, shadows, etc. User agents may treat
>>  auto as currentColor.
>
> I think we should still go with a "should" for auto being treated as
> currentColor, and the provide explicit may language about adjustment.
> I'll add some text accordingly.

I am not entirely sure why
  UA can do [anything it deems appropriate],
  may use [default] if in doubt
is more appropriate for one case, while the other gets
  UA should do [default],
  and may do [anything it deems appropriate]
but either way works for me, so case closed as far as I am concerned.

 - Florian