Re: Font MIME types

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 3:04 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> This thread doesn't seem to have stabilized, but when it does, yeah, I
> think either Font Loading or Fonts is an acceptable place to put the
> list.  Ping me when you settle on a list and I'll get it in one of
> those.

So my proposal would be to include all the desired MIME types in the
list per Vlad's email:

* font/sfnt
* font/ttf
* font/otf
* font/woff
* font/woff2

And then extend that list with the MIME types that are either already
registered or have seen somewhat significant usage per David's email:

* application/font-woff
* application/font-sfnt
* application/font-sfnt
* application/vnd.ms-fontobject (if EOT supported by everyone these days)
* application/x-font-ttf
* application/x-font-woff

That seems like a good enough font MIME type whitelist going forward
for usage with X-Content-Type-Options and in other contexts where they
may be relevant.

Note that application/octet-stream cannot be included as it is a
generic MIME type.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/