Re: [css-flexbox] abspos & align-self: stretch

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 4:38 PM, Christian Biesinger
<cbiesinger@google.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 7:32 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you're implementing the Alignment properties for abspos at all,
>> yeah, you should do it properly.  It's perfectly okay at the moment to
>> implement them for only *some* layout types; we'd prefer they get
>> properly implemented for everything, but that's a good bit of work.
>> If you don't want to do Alignment for abspos *at all* yet, that's
>> fine, but you shouldn't do a partial implementation of abspos
>> alignment.
>
> OK, am I understanding you right that a conforming flexbox
> implementation can ignore the second and third paragraph of
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-flexbox/#abspos-items?

You still have to give it a static position.  If you're not
implementing the alignment properties for abspos yet, it should take
its initial values, which'll align it to the start/start corner and
size it "normally".

(We're not going to specify how to partially implement a property,
because that's silly, but I'm fine with giving personal guidance on
how to do so.)

~TJ