Re: [css books] endnotes, table notes, footnotes, and sidenotes in HTML/CSS

> On Apr 7, 2015, at 7:44 AM, Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com> wrote:
>
> That is, "outside" and "inside" are used as aliases for "left" and
> "right". Even 'text-align' can be made to depend on this, but it's
> imposible for sidenotes to (say) have differnet background colors for
> left/right pages.

> However, the margin-inside and margin-outside properties are not part
> of a spec. Perhaps they should, along with padding-inside,
> padding-outside, and the corresponding border properties?

I think it would be better to have :left and :right (or :verso and :retro) pseudo-classes, that reflect what page an element is on. Then you could conditionally change backgrounds or whatever you want, without needing a lot of new properties.