Re: Font MIME types

> I'm defining X-Content-Type-Options which can be used to prevent
> sniffing. I think it would make sense to support this header for
> various font loading features that currently ignore MIME types.
> However, that requires a list of font MIME types. Where should we keep
> the definitive list? In the Font Loading specification?

David Kuettel catalogued the (mostly non-standard) MIME types being used
for fonts, for the Webfonts working group, in preparation for making a
new case for a top-level font MIME type:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kP3Edo3nDN_2HS6IZK6DMnrvEG1StbY5OKmbwA1ilXI/edit

JH

--

Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com
Gulf Islands, BC      tiro@tiro.com

Propose to an Englishman any principle, or any instrument,
however admirable, and you will observe that the whole effort
of the English mind is directed to find a difficulty, a defect,
or an impossibility in it. If you speak to him of a machine for
peeling a potato, he will pronounce it impossible: if you peel
a potato with it before his eyes, he will declare it useless,
because it will not slice a pineapple.
                     -- Charles Babbage