Re: [css-pseudo] feedback re "highlight styling" issues 2 and 3

> On Apr 1, 2015, at 4:01 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>
>> On 04/01/2015 11:55 AM, Brad Czerniak wrote:
>> Re: Issue 3:
>>
>> It occurred to me that text-transform would be a great property to include in the "3.2. Styling Highlights" list.
>
> It's not possible to include this property because it affects layout.
> Only properties that don't affect layout can be included for highlighting.
>
>> Specifically, for a particular use case (though there are undoubtedly others); A heading/title has text-tranform: uppercase;
>> by default. When a user selects the text for copy/paste, it gets copied in upper case. Having the option to set
>> text-transform: none; on ::selection would be a win.
>
> This seems like a browser bug. Nothing in the CSS spec says that
> 'text-transform' should affect copy/paste. And probably it shouldn't.

I agree with you, but as I recall from last time we had the conversation, most implementations do convert 'text-transform : uppercase' to all uppercase letters when copied. I know Safari does. I find it pretty annoying myself, but apparently most users are surprised when the all caps text they copied is not all caps when they paste it as plain text.