Re: [css-snappoints] Blink team position on snap points

The reason we process input events off the main thread is because our
rendering engines are required to render content designed for desktop on
mobile.  These sites are not engineered for the requirements of mobile
devices and therefore do not have sufficiently low latency to process input
events on the main thread.

To create highly interactive, bespoke visual effects, apps that run on
other platforms (e.g., Cocoa and the Android framework) process input
events on the main thread.  In order to create the breadth and quality of
visual effects, we anticipate needing to let web developers also process
input events on the main thread.

Introducing a JS worker to process input events off the main thread might
help web apps that aren't engineered for mobile produce better visual
effects, but it's not a path that leads to a web platform that competes on
an equal footing with apps written to the Cocoa and Android frameworks.

Adam