Re: [cssom-view] Origin of a canvas & scrollable element

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 3:34 AM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 00:55:59 +0200, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> It sounds like you're missing the definition of the "canvas" itself.
>> The canvas is defined at
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/intro.html#the-canvas, but it doesn't seem
>> to quite go into enough detail to nail down that the "origin" of it
>> would be the rectangle it ordinarily limits rendering to.
>

> That's not a correct definition, I think. See the test case above. The
> origin needs to be the point on the canvas where the top left corner of the
> viewport is when the viewport is in the default scroll position, or some
> such, where the default scroll position depends on writing mode/direction.

Yes, that's the "finite region of the canvas" that "rendering
generally occurs witihin".  It's not defined anywhere near
specifically enough for your purposes, but that's definitely the
concept you need; we just need to put down a better definition of the
canvas and its "finite region" somewhere so you can point to it.