Re: [Proposal] A property selector

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 1:10 AM, Michaël Rouges <michael.rouges@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry to dig up an old topic, but I thought another practical example where
> it would be very useful : animations/transition.
>
> Indeed, we often need to use JavaScript to avoid an animation/transition at
> the page loading.
>
> This property selector therefore render a selector conditionnal, based on
> the current state of the target elements, in pure CSS.

I'm not sure how a selector based on a property value would help in
this case.  Are you thinking of turning off animations/transitions
when the property has its initial value or something?  That would be
pretty fragile, as properties often hit their initial values during
normal styling.

Regardless of use-cases, the technical issues that make this
infeasible still stand - this is inherently, and viciously, circular.