Re: [css-flexbox] "scaled flex shrink factor" is it scaled by *inner* or *outer* flex base size?

On 10/28/2014 10:18 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 2:51 PM, Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com> wrote:
>> Firstly, here's a testcase to show what browsers actually do:
>> http://people.mozilla.org/~dholbert/tests/flexbox/compat_tests/scaled-flex-shrink-with-margin-1.html
>>
>> As shown by that testcase, IE11 scales by the outer flex base size
>> (matching the spec), while Firefox & Chrome scale by the *inner* flex
>> base size.
>>
>> The specced behavior seems wrong to me -- I think we should drop the
>> word "outer" there (leaving us with the "inner" flex base size).
[...]
> After some discussion, fantasai and I agree with you.  I've changed it
> to say "inner".
>
> ~TJ

OK, thanks!  I suppose that means IE needs a tweak, then.  CC'ing some
MS folks to be sure this is on their radar.

~Daniel
[re-sending, since previous message was bounced by www-style due to some
"bogus-helo" issue]