Re: Question on Text Justification of Korean

The previous poll to Koreans indicated 70-80% of Korean documents are Hangul-only and 20-30% Hangul+Hanja. If this doesn’t match to what you think, it's appreciate to know.

We don’t have to discuss whether it’s going to change or not. It’s an interesting topic, but we assume future documents will be tagged as lang=“kr”, so they look fine.

Under that assumption, the question is only for existing documents that are not tagged properly, and 1) do we want to sacrifice spacing of Hanja within Hangul+Hanja documents, 2) do we want to sacrifice spacing of all Chinese and Japanese documents, or 3) take both-lose so that everyone looks worse than today to avoid Hangul+Hanja looks worse. Please refer to a wiki page[1] for what we’ve collected.

[1] https://wiki.csswg.org/spec/text-justify-auto#current-behavior

/koji