Re: [mediaqueries] @media transform

On 23/10/14 08:38, Bogdan Brinza wrote:
> Here is the actual question, looking at current media queries specs
> it looks @supports is now the way to achieve this functionality.
> @media (feature) looks like an old relic that should be considered
> deprecated, while there is still a chance that more sites didn't take
> dependency on it. What's WG opinion on this?

Media features are not deprecated. In @media (min-width: 30em) {},
'width' is a media feature. Using media features in a boolean context
such as @media (inverted-colors) {} is not deprecated either.

Media features query characteristics of the device being used and of the
environment, whereas @supports queries support for CSS properties (and
possibly in the future other CSS features like at-rules). They both have
their use.

However, one unresolved issue is that some contexts like @import accept
a media query. We’d like to be able to have any kind of conditional rule
there but are not sure yet what that would look like.

--
Simon Sapin