Re: [mediaqueries] Should inverted-colors be <mq-boolean>?

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com> wrote:
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/mediaqueries-4/#inverted
>
> The output values are listed as none | inverted, but the example is
>
> @media (inverted-colors) {
>
> }
>
> Maybe this should be a <mq-boolean>? Although I guess there could be some intermediate states of inversion added in the future (e.g. "only-text"). If so, even though it is obvious, it should probably be explicit stated that (inverted-colors) is the same as (inverted-colors: inverted).

MQ4 explicitly states that "none" is a falsey value when evaluated in
a boolean context.  <mq-boolean> shouldn't be used for anything in the
future, for the same reason that we don't use boolean values for CSS
properties - we have a long history of extending previously-boolean
things to be multi-value.