Re: [css-sizing] Circular definition of max content

On Monday 2014-10-13 10:01 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Oct 13, 2014 9:57 AM, "Simon Sapin" <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:
> > http://dbaron.org/css/intrinsic/#intrinsic has a definition of
> max-content (preferred intrinsic width) that is not circular and does not
> involve layout.
>
> Preferred and max-content are not identical in all cases.

Really?  In
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2007OctDec/0267.html
we resolved to rename the concept there to max-content.

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,
             And to whom I was like to give offense.