Re: [css-images] Lifting restrictions on nesting image-set()

On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 22:57:00 +0200, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> (I don't currently properly define how the resolution change actually
> gets applied to the image; however I define it, some answer will fall
> out for what nesting them means.  The actual answer isn't important,
> because there's no use-case for nesting them.)

While I agree that there is no proper use case for nesting, if we lift the
restriction, I would still like the WG (implementors in particular) to
agree on what it means. As there is no use case, I think it is perfectly
fine to go with whatever everyone agrees is easy to implement.

If we don't, we expose ourselves to implementations differing, and authors
(accidentally) depending on the behavior of whoever is most popular these
days, forcing everyone to align.

The "obvious" behavior falling out of the meaning of nesting is fine with
me, as long as everyone agrees it is painless to implement, since the
whole reason for lifting the restriction is ease of implementation.

--
  - Florian