Re: [css-line-grid] applying line-grid to a flex or grid container

On 10/7/14, 2:37 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Currently, line-grid applies to block containers. This omits flex
>> containers and grid containers. I’m assuming people will want to define
>> line grid on those containers as well, so I’m planning on changing the
>> draft to say that line-grid applies to “block, flex and grid
>>containers”.
>>
>> 1. Anyone have an objection to this?
>
>Nope, this is a shoe-in.

Done.

>> 2. Should we have a new term for this set of containers?
>
>Layout containers? Formatting containers?
>
>> 3. Has anyone audited the current drafts to see whether we’ve
>>accidentally
>> restricted other new stuff from applying to flex and grid containers?
>
>Nope.

I did a quick search over the repo, and did not find any changes needed.

So far, there are not that many places where this is an issue. So I’m
happy enough using some unambiguous long form (like the one Fantasai notes
that CSS2.1 uses).

Thanks,

Alan