Re: [css-color] Doubts on how we handle device-cmyk() and similar things

On Wed, 08 Oct 2014 00:06:13 +0200, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> We don't normally do that sort of forward design, and I don't think
> it's necessary to protect ourselves against code trying to set a
> non-existent .profile attribute today.

If there was new and independent functionality hanging off .profile, I'd
be perfectly fine with that. But what happens there changes the meaning of
the fields we're already exposing (.r .g .b), and that makes me a bit more
nervous. Maybe I shouldn't be.

Another thing is that I wonder if introducing the concept of color profile
right now wouldn't inform the class hierarchy differently. Some of the
information would be redundant between the profile and the class (what
type of color space you're in: rgb vs xyz vs cmyk), and maybe that
suggests we should consider how to get rid of differentiated classes.

--
  - Florian