Re: beforescroll and using DOM events for extensibility

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Rick Byers <rbyers@chromium.org> wrote:
> Personally I really like the idea of the browser relying on the same
> addEventListener mechanism available to applications in order to trigger
> certain behavior.

I think we have some places that do this in Gecko today internally in
tests (to indicate a test finished) and the Social API. Not sure I
like either. An event is a notification, not a way to invoke behavior.

If we really want to discuss changing this I suggest we do so on
www-dom@w3.org. At least then everyone that cares will be in the loop.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/