Re: [css-line-grid][css-books] one property or more?

On 10/2/14, 5:51 AM, "Håkon Wium Lie" <howcome@opera.com> wrote:

>Also sprach Alan Stearns:

>none }

> > >I guess this was intended to show, that opt-in would be less complex
>for
> > >authors, but there are of course more body text elements that usually
> > >should “aline” with ‘p’, e.g.:
> > >
> > >  p, dt, dd, li, blockquote, pre, … {line-snap: baseline;}
> >
> > Yes, that’s correct. Perhaps you’d add a class to the elements that
>should
> > snap their lines (this would work for opt-out as well). I’m still in
>favor
> > of opt-in, given Dave’s evaluation that there would be fewer elements
> > using the grid than not. Do you want to argue for the opt-out scheme
>with
> > a single property?
>
>The one-property solution described in CSS Books gives you both opt-in
>and opt-out so there's not much reason to argue.

I’m perfectly willing to continue arguing for two properties instead of
one :)

I’m interested to know whether Mr. Päper has a preference.

>Opt-in:
>
>   p, dt, dd, li, blockquote, pre { baseline-snap: root }

This only allows for opt-in for the root grid (or some other named grid).
If (as I’d like) we aren’t going to do named grids for the first level,
then you need two properties for opt-in.

Thanks,

Alan