Re: [css-flexbox] min-height/min-width auto in spec or not?

On 10/30/2014 05:11 PM, Moonchild wrote:
> According to some past communication from Mozilla, this keyword was
> being removed from the spec. But the current "last call" Working
> Draft for this spec has it included, and it is also in the test
> suites. (Par 4.5)

It *was* removed, but then it was added back (about a year later, I
think), with some modifications to address the concerns that had
caused it to be removed in the first place.

> Can you please provide clarity if this is likely going to be
> included in the final spec for flexboxes or not, so I know if i
> should implement this or not?

I think there's pretty much no chance the spec would get such a huge
change as removing that keyword at this point -- it's been in there
for a while, and it's needed or else it wouldn't have been added back.

Also, the currently-specced behavior is already implemented in Gecko
(Firefox 34) and IE (tech preview). It's not implemented in Blink
(https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=426898 ) or I
think in WebKit, but that's only because they haven't gotten to it
yet; not due to any objections or anything like that, as far as I know.

~Daniel