Re: [css-scoping] should `::content` match both <content> and <shadow> insertion points?

This behavior should be considered correct.

The CSS Scoping module says:
> This specification does not define how to assign elements to a
distribution list, instead leaving that to the Shadow DOM spec. At the time
this spec is written, however, only content elements in a shadow tree can
have distribution lists.

However, in the current Shadow DOM spec, insertion points in general would
have a distribution list (defined as distributed nodes in the Shadow DOM
spec [1]).
Both content insertion points, <content>, and shadow insertion points,
<shadow>, are insertion points. Therefore, '::content' will affect
distributed nodes of shadow insertion points.

I agree that '::content' is confusing name. AFAIR, this naming was chosen
before I introduced the concept of distributed nodes strictly to the Shadow
DOM spec.

See also ISSUE5 in the
http://drafts.csswg.org/css-scoping/#content-combinator
> ::content is a confusingly general name for something that is specific to
the projected content of a shadow tree.

[1] http://w3c.github.io/webcomponents/spec/shadow/#dfn-distributed-nodes