Re: [selectors] :matches() with pseudo elements

On 24/11/2014 22:16, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 6:03 PM, Benjamin Poulain <bpoulain@apple.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> A little follow up to
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Aug/0402.html
>>
>> Yusuke Suzuki has completed the initial implementation of :matches() in
>> WebKit. He recently included support for pseudo elements.
>>
>> There are still some edge cases we are working on, but globally everything
>> works great so far. I think we should drop the pseudo-element restriction
>> from the definition of :matches().
>
> Yes, we should.  I just need to figure out how to write it sanely. :/

Wait. Benjamin says WebKit already supports pseudo-elts in matches() and
that's not at all in the spec, undiscussed. Benjamin, we need you to
explain us what your colleague did, and I'd like to be sure this is
not going to be shipped BEFORE we discuss AND stabilize it... Ahem.

Can we please avoid going back to implementations and shipping
preceding even minimal standardization?

</Daniel>