Re: [css-gcpm] String-set issues

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 22:39:02 -0800
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
To: Shinyu Murakami <murakami@vivliostyle.com>

> On Nov 24, 2014, at 7:57 PM, Shinyu Murakami <murakami@vivliostyle.com> wrote:
>
> AntennaHouse, I worked for, implemented A and B as that was defined
> in GCPM3 draft. Both A and B are useful for many cases, but not perfect.
>
> I think the GCPM4 proposal using CSS Regions is teh best, because it
> can use same mechanism and syntax with CSS Regions that is already
> implemented in browsers (or there are polyfills) and this regions
> mechanism is neccessary for making CSS powerful enough for layout
> complex pages.

It's good to hear. There are similarities between that one and what I proposed. One advantage of mine is that you can use the flow as part of the 'content' property (instead of using it in a region chain). This gives you the best of named strings and running headers together in one region-flow-based mechanism.