Re: [css-overflow] computed value of overflow when overflow-x and -y are different

> On Nov 24, 2014, at 8:30 AM, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:
>
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-overflow-3/#overflow-properties
>
> For the computed value of ¡®overflow¡¯, the spec says "see individual properties¡±. However, that doesn¡¯t help when the the computed values of individual overflow-x and overflow-y are different from each other, since overflow is a single valued property.
>
> A little bit of testing gives this:
> Chrome, Safari: auto
> Firefox, Presto: empty string
> IE: hidden+visible->visible, scroll+visible->scroll, auto+visible->visible
>

> - Florian

I've never quite understood why it isn't possible to get visible overflow in one direction and scrolling overflow in the other, if that is what the author asks for. It is easy for me to visualize what that SHOULD look like.