Re: [css-gcpm] String-set issues

On 24.11.2014 15:09, Brad Kemper wrote:
>> You can't solve more complex scenarious without such feature. There
>> are existing non-browser implementations that has to support this
>
> I'm not sure I know what you are referring to when you say "such a
> feature" and "this". Do you mean putting the selector into the
> function itself is necessary, instead of using the selector to the
> left of the declaration list with a different syntax? Or the other
> way around?

Yes, what's CSS is missing is ability to use more expressive selection
mechanism for content property.

> Let's leave XPath support to a different thread.

I was not proposing using XPath, this was just example. I expect that
selectors will be used.

     Professional XML and Web consulting and training services
DocBook/DITA customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing