Re: [css-gcpm] String-set issues

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 15:31:49 +0100
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
CC: Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, Dave Cramer <Dave.Cramer@hbgusa.com>
On 24.11.2014 15:09, Brad Kemper wrote:
>> You can't solve more complex scenarious without such feature. There
>> are existing non-browser implementations that has to support this
> I'm not sure I know what you are referring to when you say "such a
> feature" and "this". Do you mean putting the selector into the
> function itself is necessary, instead of using the selector to the
> left of the declaration list with a different syntax? Or the other
> way around?

Yes, what's CSS is missing is ability to use more expressive selection
mechanism for content property.

> Let's leave XPath support to a different thread.

I was not proposing using XPath, this was just example. I expect that
selectors will be used.
     Professional XML and Web consulting and training services
DocBook/DITA customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing