Re: [css-transforms] Transform functions should accept percentages

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 13:42:44 -0500
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 11/21/14, 1:36 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 7:41 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> For example, http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-transforms/#funcdef-translatey
>> says:
>>
>>    translateY() = translateY( <length> )
>>
>> But in implementations, translateY accepts a length or a percentage.
>
> And it's relative to, iirc, the width of the element's border box.

"It's complicated."  The testcase I was looking at that led me here was
applying a percentage translate on an svg:path, for which it's not
relative to the (nonexistent) border box.  But in any case, what it's
relative to is defined in the transforms spec.  It's just claimed to not
be possible.  ;)

-Boris