Re: [css-syntax] Removed <unicode-range-token>, please review

From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 19:55:03 -0800 (PST)
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>

Tab Atkins wrote:

> Let's back up, because I'm confused now.
>
> What, precisely, from the Syntax spec are you objecting to?

The Syntax spec is defining <urange> which is already defined in the Fonts spec:

  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-syntax/#urange
  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-fonts/#urange-value

The Fonts spec has this wording:

  Each <urange> value is a UNICODE-RANGE token made up of a
  "U+" or "u+" prefix followed by a codepoint range in one
  of the three forms listed below.

The much narrower question that I think we should be tackling is
what in the sentence above needs to change if the UNICODE-RANGE
token definition is removed.

I really don't think the answer should be to define part of the
syntax in the Syntax module and another part in the Fonts spec.

John Daggett