Re: [css-pseudo] please make sure pseudo-element "alt" property makes it into next ED

From: Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 19:05:22 +1100
To: James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
> Most screen readers navigate the view hierarchy (pseudo-elements get a view)
> via a platform accessibility API, rather than directly through the DOM. Because
> of this, CSS generated text content can be read by screen readers, and
> navigated by other assistive technologies.
>
> Here's the original message from 2012, with the original example.
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Nov/0233.html

To me this looks like screen readers should rather not venture into
style sheets like this—or am I simplifying?

Then, my opinion, it still seems to me like actual contents shouldn’t
be in style sheets, and that there’s no problem to solve for CSS.

--
Jens O. Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/http://coderesponsibly.org/